Getting Started with Zinio Digital Magazines
What is an eMagazine or digital magazine?
An eMagazine or digital magazine is a full version digital copy of a magazine that can be read on a computer, tablet or other mobile device. Patrons may use our Zinio service to download free digital magazines from the library.
This page shows the magazines available to you free of charge through the library.
You will need to set-up two accounts to access the library's digital magazine collection:
1) A library Zinio Collection account will allow you to start browsing the digital magazines in our collection.
2) A Zinio.com account will allow you to download and read the digital magazine titles in our collection.
How to create a Library Zinio Account?
- Go to the library's Zinio Website and select Create New Account button in the top right-handed corner.
- Enter your library cared barcode number, and then select Next.
- Enter your name, e-mail address, and create and confirm your password. (Password must have at least 7 characters & include letters and numbers) Select Create Account.
How to log into your Zinio Account?
- Go to the library's Zinio Website and select Log in. Enter your e-mail and password.
- Select a magazine cover to checkout current issue and select Checkout. Or select Back Issues Available to view back issues of the magazine.
- Select Start Reading. You'll be redirected to Zinio.com to finish the checkout process.
- Register your Zinio account by entering your e-mail address and password. The e-mail and password must be the same e-mail and password you used to create your Library Zinio Account. Select Register.
- Select Your Library to view magazines checkout via the Clark County Public Library's Zinio page. Note: Use a web browser (not the Zinio app) to select magazines from the Library's Zinio page.
How to install the Zinio App? For Tablets and Smartphones.
Note: Use the Zinio App only to read your magazines (can't browse or checkout issues).
- Go to your device's app store, and search for Zinio: 5000+ Digital Magazines.
- Select Install.
- Once the Zinio App installed on your device, open the app and sign in with your Zinio Account e-mail and password. Note: Magazines accessed through the app may be viewed online or downloaded to view while off-line.
How to install the Zinio App? For Kindle Fire Devices.
Note: These instructions are only for Amazon Kindle Fire/HD/HDX devices. The APK installer is not needed for any other devices.
- On your Kindle Fire device, go to Settings. Select More, the select Device. Go to Allow installation of Applications (for unknown devices). Select On.
- Go to the library's Zinio Website and scroll down to the bottom of the page. Select Kindle Fire/HD/HDX and select link to download the Zinio app to your device.
- Go to your devices's App store, search APK Installer and install the app.
- Open the APK Installer and scan for apk files.
- Select the Zinio download and select Install at the bottom. Once fully installed, select Open.
How to remove magazines from your Zinio Library?
- Go to Zinio.com or the Zino app on your computer or handheld device. Select Your Library or Read at the top and enter your e-mail and password.
- Select Edit your reading list and select the red X on each issue to delete the issue from your Zinio Account. Select Done when finished.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why do I need to log in twice?
The first login is to verify you are a Clark County Public Library cardholder. The second is the Zinio login so you can use their site.
Can I go directly to Zinio.com?
Yes. Select sign in and enter your e-mail address and password to view your magazines already checkout. Note: You will need to go through the library's web site first in order to checkout free magazines.
How many magazines can I check out?
There is no limit. Check out as many issues as you want and keep them as long as you wish.
Can I install the app on my Nook?
Only Nook HD devices.
Questions? Please call us at (937) 328-6903 ore e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
|Zinio for Libraries Account Set Up and Checkout Guide.pdf||1.15 MB|