What is an eMagazine or digital magazine?
An eMagazine or digital magazine is a full version digital copy of a magazine that can be read on a computer, tablet or other mobile device. Patrons may use our Zinio service to download free digital magazines from the library.
How to create a Library Zinio Account?
- Go to the library's Zinio Website and select Create New Account button in the top right-handed corner.
- Enter your library card barcode number, and then select Next.
- Enter your name, e-mail address, and create and confirm your password. (Password must have at least 7 characters & include letters and numbers) Select Create Account.
Note: Your Library Zinio e-mail and password combination is also the same login for another library database, Transparent Language Online.
How to install the Zinio For Libraries App? For iPad and Android Devices.
- Go to your device's app store, and search for "Zinio for Libraries."
- Select Install.
- Once the Zinio App installed on your device, open the app and select Log In. Next, select country and then state from list. Finally, select Clark County Public Library from list of Ohio libraries.
- Enter your Library Zinio Account e-mail and password. Select "Submit."
How to install the Zinio: 5000+ Digital Magazines App? For iPhones.
- Go to your device's app store, and search for "Zinio: 5000+ Digital Magazines".
- Select Install.
- Once the Zinio App installed on your device, open the app and create a Zinio account with the same e-mail address and password as your Library Zinio account.
How to install the Zinio App? For Kindle Fire Devices.
Note: These instructions are only for Amazon Kindle Fire/HD/HDX devices. The APK installer is not needed for any other devices.
- On your Kindle Fire device, go to Settings. Select More, the select Device. Go to Allow installation of Applications (for unknown devices). Select On.
- Currently, the Zinio app is not available through the Kindle's app store. Select the following link and select the Download Now link to download the apk file to your Kindle Fire device.
- You'll need an additional app to view apk files. Go to your devices's App store, search APK Installer and install the app.
- Open the APK Installer and select Download from the list.
- Select the ZinioReader download and select Install at the bottom. Once fully installed, select Open.
- Once the app is open, select Settings and Join Zinio link to create a Zinio account. Remember: Use the same e-mail address and password as your Library Zinio account. Return to Settings and enter the e-mail address and password to sign in to the Zinio app.
How to checkout digital magazines?
- Go to the library's Zinio Website and select Log in. Enter your e-mail and password.
- Select a magazine cover to checkout current issue and select Checkout. Or select Back Issues Available to view back issues of the magazine.
- Select Start Reading to instantly read your magazine.
- For PC users, the magazine viewer will open in a new tab. For tablet/smartphone users, open the Zinio app on your device to view magazines.
How to remove magazines from your Zinio Collection?
- Go to the library's Zinio Magazine Collection page, select "Login" and enter your e-mail address and password to your Library Zinio account
- Once signed in, select My Collection located near the top right corner.
- Select the trash can icon to remove issue from your reading collection. Select OK.
Frequently Asked Questions
Will I have to place a hold request for popular titles?
No. Issues are always available for checkout.
How many magazines can I check out?
There is no limit. Check out as many issues as you want and keep them as long as you wish.
Do I have to return magazine titles once they are downloaded to my device?
No. Downloaded magazines will remain on your device until you decide to delete them.
How much space will a downloaded magazine take on my device?
The typical magazine is 30-50 MB. Some magazines, like National Geographic Interactive, are 50-100 MB.
Can I install the app on my Nook?
Only Nook HD devices.
Questions? Please call us at (937) 328-6903 ore e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org