Using the Ohio Digital Library Website
What is the Ohio Digital Library?
The Ohio Digital Library is a program of the State Library of Ohio. It is a digital consortium of 179 Ohio libraries, providing eBooks, digital audiobooks, music and video to Ohio citizens.
How do I sign in to the Ohio Digital Library website?
1. From the front page, click on the Sign In link in the upper right-hand corner.
2. Choose Clark County Public Library from the menu.
3. Type in your 14-digit library card number (located under the barcode on your card) and your password (PIN). NOTE: If you do not have a password, please contact the Reference Desk at (937) 328-6903.
I tried to sign in to the Ohio Digital Library website, but I received a sign in error stating “Patron has blocks.” What should I do?
Your library card may be blocked due to an address check. You will need to visit one of our library locations and update your library card information. You must bring your card with you to have it updated. Once updated, your card will be valid for one year, and you will be able to sign in to the Ohio Digital Library website. Other possible blocks are library fines exceeds the $5.00 limit, items overdue, invalid address/e-mail/phone number, or blocking notes on your account.
How to search on the Ohio Digital Library website?
1. Browse by Genre - Select genres from the blue banner across the top of the Ohio Digital Library's website. (If you do not see this banner, select the Menu button.) To view more subjects or genres, select View More... at the bottom of the subject heading for a full list of genres.
2. Keyword Search Box - Click in the search box, next to the magnifying glass, and type an author's name, title, keyword, subject or any general search terms. Select the magnifying glass to view search results.
3. Advanced Search Box - Select Advanced Search under the search box. Enter a specific title or author, or select a specific subject or format.
How to limit your search results?
Select Available Now, under All Titles, to limit search results to only titles available for download right now. Use the filter to limit your search results by selecting type of material (eBook, Audiobook, Music or Video), format (Kindle Book, OverDrive READ, EPUB eBook, PDF eBook, MP3 audiobook, WMA audiobook, or Streaming Video), subject, publisher, age group, etc.
How to quickly determine whether a title is available?
If the icon, found on each book cover, is a solid black, the title is available to check out. If the icon is gray, the book has been checked out and can be placed on hold.
How to manage your Account on the Ohio Digital Library's website?
Select the Account icon on the view your checkout titles, holds, and settings. You'll be asked to sign in if you haven't already.
Bookshelf: Contains the titles currently checkout on your Account. Checkout limit is 10 items.
Holds: You'll receive an e-mail notification when available. You'll have 3 days to borrow the title. Hold list is 12 items.
Lists: Select the bookmark to add book titles to your Wish List.
Settings: Set your default lending options for 7, 14 or 21 days for eBook, audiobook, and music. Set your video default lending options for 3, 5, or 7 days.
How to cancel a hold?
Step 1: Go to the Ohio Digital Library website, sign in with your library card number and password.
Step 2: Select Account and select Holds.
Step 3: Select the Remove button next to the book cover to remove it from your Waiting list.
How to change your holds e-mail address?
Step 1: Go to the Ohio Digital Library website, sign in with your library card and number and password.
Step 2: Select Account and select Holds.
Step 3: Select the Edit button next to the book cover and enter your new e-mail address in both required fields.
Step 4: Select Submit to update the e-mail address for the selected title.
How do I get the library’s eBooks on my eReader? *
This depends on what type of eReader you have. If you have a Kindle or Kindle reading app, you will primarily use the Amazon.com website to download the eBook to you Kindle (no extra software required). If you have an Andriod-based tablet or phone, Blackberry, iPhone, iPad, iPad 2, or iPod Touch, you will use the OverDrive Media Console (go to the Help page to download this software). For all other types of eReaders, such as the Nook or Sony Reader, you will use Adobe Digital Editions (see the Help page to download this software).