Using the Ohio eBook Project Website
How do I sign in to the Ohio eBook Project website?
1. From the front page, click on the Sign In link at the top.
2. Choose Clark County Public Library from the menu.
3. Type in your 14-digit library card number (located under the barcode on your card) and your password (PIN). NOTE: If you do not have a password, please contact the Reference Desk at (937) 328-6903.
Once you’re signed in, you will see a My Digital Account page.
I tried to sign in to the Ohio eBook Project website, but I received a sign in error stating “Patron has blocks.” What should I do?
Your library card may be blocked due to an address check. You will need to visit one of our library locations and update your library card information. You must bring your card with you to have it updated. Once updated, your card will be valid for one year, and you will be able to sign in to the Ohio eBook Project website.
How do I get the library’s eBooks on my computer? *
1. Sign in to the Ohio eBook Project website with your library card number & password.
2. Download the free Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) software & create an Adobe ID.
3. Select one or more eBooks for download (up to 10 titles at one time).
4. Check out and download your eBook(s) following the instructions and prompts on the site.
How do I get the library’s eBooks on my eReader? *
This depends on what type of eReader you have. If you have a Kindle or Kindle reading app, you will primarily use the Amazon.com website to download the eBook to you Kindle (no extra software required). If you have an Andriod-based tablet or phone, Blackberry, iPhone, iPad, iPad 2, or iPod Touch, you will use the Overdrive Media Console (see the My Help! page to download this software). For all other types of eReaders, such as the Nook or Sony Reader, you will use Adobe Digital Editions (see the My Help! page to download this software).
Basic instructions fr Adobe Digital Editions:
1. Once you’ve downloaded the eBook onto your computer (see above), plug your eReader into the computer.
2. Once your eReader appears on ADE’s bookshelves, click and drag the book cover to the eReader shelf.
3. Drop the book onto the eReader’s shelf within ADE. A copy of the eBook should appear on your eRreader.
4. Unplug your eReader from the computer in order to read the eBook. NOTE: If you are using the Barnes & Noble Nook eReader, all eBooks from the Ohio eBook Project will appear on your My Documents screen.